Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Module 6

Summarized Learnings

This course has provided me with a lot of tools and different ways to think about teaching students effectively through an online format.  The execution of the material for me was clunky at first but I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Conquering the Content-  I found myself referring back to this book quite a bit, and I think it will be an effective resource moving forward. The book itself sets up, like I think so I really appreciated that.
Dave-  You are clearly a passionate individual who loves what he does.  Not only that, you are a fantastic teacher, who is pushing the expectations and boundaries of the classroom I really appreciate that and your enthusiasm is infectious.

I currently feel like I'm still just throwing ideas around my course to see what sticks, but I'm not convinced a "clean cut" product is a reality at this point.  Things are taking shape and I feel confident in my pedagogy and outline.  The execution is clunky but we're getting there.

Really appreciated the interaction and idea sharing, not always my strong point but I enjoyed reading others interactions and learning from that.

Anxious to put my learnings into practice this fall. Ready or not, here we go.  


4 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,

    Good summary - I too echo that Dave was a fantastic "online" teacher. I have learned a ton from the class as well and social presence or not, it was good to do this with a "community" of people. Even just knowing that we're not alone in our struggles - that there is someone else working through the same issues and trying to figure things out, gives some solidarity to the project. Have a great start to the school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, we are another day better already.

      Delete
  2. Adam, I am considering just making a note stating "What Adam said" for my own post. Blessings as we begin a new school year!

    ReplyDelete